Wednesday 19 June 2013

Sleek Storm Palette and Papaya Punch Lipstick


I've been seeing a lot of love for Sleek products on blogs and youtube but never ventured into the brand myself but in one of my rare visits to Superdrug pretty much everything from the Sleek counter caught my eye but being a poor student I couldn't buy it all so went with the Storm eyeshadow palette and Papaya Punch lipstick.


I was torn between buying the Storm palette and the Au Natural palette but there was only one left of the Storm so I snapped it up, I'm sure I'll pick up the Au Natural Palette at some point. I loved the colours because it has a mixture of browny shades but I like to mix it up with a bit of colour too so these looked great.
The colours are so pigmented, just as good, if not better, then some higher end brands. They look great all day with no creasing, fall down or fading. I also love the mixture of matte and glitter shades in this palette. Also, a matte black is always handy in any palette as it means I can use it to line the upper lash line. They don't have names but I love the second, third and last shade of the top row and the second, fifth and of course the matte black on the bottom row.


I also picked up Papaya Punch lipstick for £4.99, I was on the hunt for a bright coral like shade for summer and this seemed perfect.
It is a great shade with a high colour pay off. It's a matte finish and has a good staying power. Again, I always expect more reasonable brands to not be as long lasting or particularly strong in colour but Sleek has definitely proved me wrong. This is a fabulous lipstick, being a matte finish it is a little drying on me so I just press a bit of lip balm over the top.

I am now slightly addicted to Sleek, I just want to try everything.It is definitely one of the best high street brands out there. The unusual colour range and extremely good quality products are really what won me over.
I would definitely recommend checking the Sleek stands out :)

Ophelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment