Sunday 28 April 2013

Stila In The Light Palette


It was coming up to pay day and the main thing on my list of things to buy was this Stila Palette called In The Light. Sods law, it sold out on ASOS the day before I got paid. It didn't seem to be in stock on any other UK websites. So I not very hopefully popped to the nearest large Boots store and there it was, the last one left and I nabbed it. I must have looked overly proud at the counter.
I've been after a new neutrals palette after someone nicked my Naked palette - I'm looking at you Mum! I debated purchasing the Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay but this Stila one was far more up my street with the lovely glittery colours. This retails at £25.00 and I think it's a great price for the overall quality and quantity of the eyeshadows.


The palette includes 10 eyeshadow shades all together and an eyeliner (top, left - right & bottom, left - right); Bare - matte light nude, Kitten - shimmery pink, Bliss - matte brown/pink, Sunset, shimmery bronze with a hint of pink, Sandstone - matte medium brown, Bubbly - shimmery champagne gold, Gilded Gold - shimmery dark antique gold, Luster - Dark Brown with a hint of shimmer, Night Sky - blue/grey with a hint of shimmer and Ebony - Black. The eyeliner included is one of Stila's smudge sticks in Damsel which is dark brown shade.
All the colours are super pigmented and apply so smoothly. My favourite look is to mix together Bare and Sandstone for an all over the lid colour and then apply Sandstone on the outer V of my eye and underneath my bottom lashes. Press a bit of Bubbly over the entire lid and I'm good to go. Sandstone also doubles up as a perfect eyebrow colour for me too - Bonus!
All in all, this is one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes I've come across and is great value for money!

The only place that I can find online that still has this in stock is on the QVC website (link!) for a super cheap £24.00, which includes a free lipgloss.

Ophelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment